Aon-COFCO Construction, Power & Infrastructure (CPI) is our practice group dedicated to providing a broad range of risk advisory and insurance syndication solutions for any company or stakeholders involved in the construction and infrastructure sectors.
The risks of global projects are shown in terms of financial complexity, regional differences and cross countries. CPI team will provide customized risk solution for each project and help our clients to face challenges in advance and effectively.Aon-COFCO (CPI) is dedicated to providing comprehensive risk management services and solutions in construction and infrastructure markets. CPI innovatively develops risk mitigation and insurance strategies to protect construction projects over the entire lifecycle of the project.
CPI provides risk advisory and insurance syndication solutions for a multitude of companies or stakeholders involved in the construction or infrastructure sector, including:
- Public Entities and State Owned Enterprises
- Construction companies and/or contractors
- Commercial Real Estate and Property developers
- SPV’s or LLC’s formed for specific infrastructure projects
- Infrastructure funds, private equity investors and managers
- Banks, export credit agencies and multi-lateral lenders
- Consultants and financial advisors
The Aon-COFCO Approach
Our industry segments and focus are in the construction of:
- Infrastructure, such as:
1. - Roads, bridges, tunnels
2. - Ports and terminals
3. - Waste and water (supply and disposal)
- Heavy civil engineering projects
- Commercial real estate
- Power & Utility or independent power (nuclear, coal, gas) projects
- Renewable Energy (e.g. solar, wind, biomass, geothermal)
- Public Private Partnerships projects（PPP Projects）
Aon-COFCO CPI is a market leader, advising clients on projects across China, with a particular focus on multi-party project financings for high contract value infrastructure projects. Our team has direct and substantive experience working with both domestic and international project developers, commercial lenders and export credit agencies in relation to these transactions. The CPI team also provides risk and insurance due diligence advisory services to corporate investors, private equity partnerships and infrastructure funds in respect of M&A transactions for infrastructure assets globally.
The CPI team has extensive experience in non or limited recourse Project Finance, Public Private Partnerships and privately financed infrastructure initiatives.
Our Services and Products Include:
- Contract review and insurance indemnities
- Risk Profiling
- Lenders Due Diligence
- Portfolio insurance for operational assets ， including Property All Risk, Machinery Breakdown， Business Interruption, Commercial General Liability and Employers’ Liability.
- Portfolio insurance for Project construction, including Contractors / Erection “All Risks” Insurance and Delay in Start Up Insurance , Project Cargo and Delay in Start Up , Construction Casualty “Wraps”
- Latent Defects
- Surety & Performance Security
- Environmental Solutions
Why Aon Construction, Power & Infrastructure?
- Our CPI team has a deep understanding of the infrastructure sector, including unparalleled experience with projects developed on a non or limited recourse project finance basis or as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) initiative.
- CPI provides expert advice on insurance programme design, technical, contractual and placement matters.
- CPI’s leverages our joint venture partner’s, Aon plc’s dedicated broking team, located in Singapore, to provide clients with the benefits of our first class market relationships in Asia, London, Europe and Bermuda.
- CPI’s people are its strength, providing clients a wide spectrum of expertise drawn from Aon plc’s global network and from diverse backgrounds in broking, engineering, risk management, underwriting and consulting.